Wednesday, August 3, 2011
1. 15th Annual Hot Springs Blues Festival - I am always a fan of live music and the Spa City Blues Society knows how to make it a great event. Plus they are having the pre-party begin on Wednesday & Thursday at the Ohio Club, 8PM. Friday the event takes place at Hill Wheatley Plaza with music workshops beginning at 2PM and the entertainment begins at 6PM. After parties start at Big Chill and Ohio Club at 9PM. Saturday you can partake in more workshops beginning at noon or just wait to enjoy the event starting at 4PM. After parties will be at the Big Chill and Ohio Club once again beginning at 9PM. Just $5/day admission cost. Come and enjoy the music!
2. Janis Percefull from the Garland County Historical Society will be giving a free presentation of the History of Hot Springs at Adair park from 12:30-2:30PM; perfect for the history buff.
3. First Friday of the Month keeps the Art Galleries open until 9PM for the Gallery Walk. Many of the local artists come out to speak about their works. Many of the galleries offer complimentary beverages and live music. Hot Springs is rated #4 in the US for Small Art Towns.
4. 38 Special will be live in Concert at Magic Springs on September 4th. The daily admission to the park includes the live concert at night. So play in the pools, come back for Hilltop Manor's afternoon snack at 4PM, then enjoy the lawn concert in the evening. We are just 3 miles from the park.
4. Whittington Park offers a free Concert Band on Labor Day at 3PM. This is a great way to enjoy an afternoon with a little old time fun.
5. Fordyce Bathhouse Museum is always a great stop no matter the day of the year. This is a gorgeous, free museum about Hot Springs and the bathing activities that took place in the early 1900's. They are open daily, also known as the National Park Visitor Center.
6. Quapaw Bathhouse is the perfect place to relieve a little stress. Soak in the thermal pools of hot springs mineral water, get a facial or massage the choice is yours.
7. Bohemia Restaurant is the perfect lunch or dinner option in Hot Springs. The food greatly surpasses the atmosphere so don't be intimidated by the exterior. Guest favorites include the duck and veal but my favorite is the Tilapia with Crab Meat on top - Delicious. Reservations highly recommended.
Gulpha Gorge Trail & Picnic Area is a lovely spot for a run or walk. People ask me all the time about the trails - which are numerous in Hot Springs. I have to admit I don't usually have time to wander far from the inn. However, I do drive this route often and it has become a guest favorite - plus it is less then a mile from the inn.
Music, food, art, hiking, spas, history and relaxation all found in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Check our availability to reserve your romantic retreat today!
Owner of Hilltop Manor Bed and Breakfast
Hot Springs, AR
Hot Springs Arkansas Bed and Breakfast